Why we started this idea????

A passion for food, wine, friends and entertaining is a big part of our life. This is a way for us to document our experiences, passion for food & life and also share it with others.




Friday, June 3, 2011

Pasta with mushrooms and egg

Last Sunday I was inspired by Martha Stewart's recipe in the April 2011 Everyday Food for Linguine with asparagus and egg.

I was in one of those "I'm not leaving the house" kind of moods so we decided to make some modifications based what we had available

So our verstion turned out to be Spaghetti with mushrooms, tomatoes and egg.
I gathered our ingredients:

and then did a little slicing & dicing to get started.

I sauteed my veggies in a combo of olive and white truffle oil while cooking the spaghetti.
I added the spaghetti to the veggie mixture.

We poached 2 eggs while G shredded some parmagiano-reggiano cheese.



We opened a red blend a 2008 Foris.


We plated the pasta, topped with the poached egg and added our grated cheese


 and served with some rustic bread.



It was a yummy Dinner in 1-2-3 kinda meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear about your favorite meals, restaurants, or wines, as well as anything else you'd like to share.....