Why we started this idea????

A passion for food, wine, friends and entertaining is a big part of our life. This is a way for us to document our experiences, passion for food & life and also share it with others.




Friday, March 2, 2012

Hot Caprese Dip

My new Pinterest addiction is a bit scary but I am finding some great recipes. For example this one found on Pinterest which led to the How Sweet it Is blog for Hot Caprese Dip.

Caprese salad is frequently part of our summer rotation of dishes. With basil picked directly off the patio and if we are lucky home grown tomatoes right off the vine....oh nothing is better drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar or olive oil.Summer in a bite.

But when basil and tomatoes aren't necessarily in season and have to be purchased at the store this recipe gives you all the flavors in a comfort food sort of way.

We made it as one of two appetizers last week for Oscar viewing.
It's super simple chop up fresh mozzarella, basil and tomatoes (I scraped the seeds and ribs from my tomatoes and they were still too juicy so try to just use the solid part of the tomato is my tip.)

Mix it together gently.

Bake @ 375 for 15 minutes then broil for 2-3 minutes to get the brownish crust on top.

We served it with pita chips and crostini baguette bits and it was divine. It's definitely something to be eaten right away. The longer it sits the more soupy and rubbery it becomes. But while it's hot its delish!

I thought about using the leftovers to stuff in chicken breasts but didn't get around to that idea this week but think it would be a good one.

Here's the link to the actual recipe on How Sweet it Is if you think you need the recipe. Pretty simple though most likely you could just wing it.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I think that Bill and I will make this tomorrow!! Can't wait to try it!!
    : )
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally just pinned this recipe too! I love anything caprese and this means I don't have to wait until summer to try it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear about your favorite meals, restaurants, or wines, as well as anything else you'd like to share.....