Why we started this idea????

A passion for food, wine, friends and entertaining is a big part of our life. This is a way for us to document our experiences, passion for food & life and also share it with others.




Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Creamy Tarragon Chicken & Family (Gutsy Cooks Club 28 part b)

G & Cousin T spent the day skiing Sunday. G was so excited to share "his" mountain (Crystal Mountain) with T ( a Denver resident, Florida native.) They went up with a group of G's regular skiing pals so they had a great, although wet day on the mountain.

Since I decided to stay home and prepare for my school week I thought the second part of the Gutsy Cook Menu: Creamy Tarragon Chicken might make for a nice end of the day meal for our skiers.

This was a simple dish really with a great sauce. I gathered chicken, shallots, herbes de Provence, garlic, chicken stock, white wine, creme fraiche and tarragon for the dish.

I prepared the chicken and made rice pilaf with caramelized onion and spinach from epicurious to accompany the chicken.
I also made some asiago bread and a spinach salad with red onion & pears. (pears are so good right now.)

The guys arrived home hungry. First we discussed skiers vs. snowboarders as a recap of their day (G & I firmly skiers only & Cousin T a devout snowboarder.)

We enjoyed our meal with a bottle of everyday Columbia Crest Two Vines Chardonnay.

The rice pilaf was wonderful, took some left overs  for lunch today, and the chicken was good. The sauce didn't get quite as thick as I hoped but it was wonderful I love tarragon so I can forgive anything that has this kind of flavor. Cousin T loved the salad with pears.


A nice meal to end our weekend and feed some wiped guys.


1 comment:

We'd love to hear about your favorite meals, restaurants, or wines, as well as anything else you'd like to share.....