Why we started this idea????

A passion for food, wine, friends and entertaining is a big part of our life. This is a way for us to document our experiences, passion for food & life and also share it with others.




Friday, January 18, 2013

Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I 100% self admit I am not a baker. If I haven't mentioned it before let me just say that my staff loves for me to cook for them but they tell me to stick to cooking and refrain from baking (said with the most appreciative of tones of course :)

The good thing is I'm okay with it. I don't get much pleasure from baking. I mean exact measurements, precision....not really my idea of fun in the kitchen.



But every now and then I do try again. And pretty much when I do give it a try it's either for a holiday tradition or something I'm doing to show some love for G.

When we first started dating he couldn't get enough of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. So I would, on occasion, make them for him. Through the years he's become much more of a dark chocolate fan. These triple chocolate chunk cookies are more in alignment with his cookie cravings these days.

He loved these cookies. They aren't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing cookies but the flavors hit the spot. 


I brought the majority of the cookies to school to get them out of our house and they we're a big hit with my teachers. 

RECIPE:

















Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2 C all purpose floor
3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 sticks softened butter
1 C packed brown sugar
3/4 C granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz. white bar chocolate chopped
1/2 cup dark chocolate  bar chopped
1 C chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or silicon mats.

Whisk together dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until fluffy about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg. Add vanilla. 

Add flour mixing until flour is no longer visible. Stir in chocolate and nuts until distributed.

Drop by spoonful or scoop on to prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies until edges are set, 12-15 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet, then transfer to rack. 

1 comment:

We'd love to hear about your favorite meals, restaurants, or wines, as well as anything else you'd like to share.....